background

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Dr Seuss

Dr Seuss was really smart.
With rhyming words he did his part
to make us laugh and make us start
to understand that books are art.

I liked his books when I was seven.
Hop on Pop was phonics heaven.
He had his rhyming engines revvin',
inventing noothbrush, zamp, and grevin.

When I grew up it was divine
to read his books to children mine,
and they as well did like them fine.
Oh, for those days I sometimes pine.

But nowadays with deeper pleasure
than for which there is a measure
I read to those who are my treasure--
the perfect cure for stress and pressure.

It matters not if I must read
Go, Dog. Go! till my eyes bleed.
Two year olds with playful greed
constant repetition need!

Yes, Dr. Seuss was one smart guy.
Within each story's plot may lie
a deeper truth in which to try
to live and learn and grow. Goodbye!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I want to share it on my homeschooling blog....may I? I'll give you the credit, ofcourse.
    You are so talented, thanks for sharing your talent with others.
    xoxoxo
    KKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kim. I'd be happy for you to share it. tia kata

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails