background

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Norman, you old poop!

Have you seen On Golden Pond lately? Good movie. Couldn't resist squeezing one more Norman into one day's blogging. That said...

I learned lots of valuable lessons from my parents...some I carry on daily, and some I'm determined never to repeat. Isn't that what life's classroom is about?

By the light of day, the previous post sounds really negative...some days at our house were really negative...almost always holidays. Some people's reality never measures up to their fantasy of what should be, and the frustration boils over. My mother was one of those people.

But she was also a woman ahead of her time...demanding career, respected by people in the know, earning more than most men in her workplace. I am very proud of all she accomplished and of all I learned from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails