background

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sonic Ice

I wonder what the deal is with Sonic ice? I love it. I love it so much that I HAVE to stop at Sonic whenever I go to town. My favorite drink is a Coke, but when I'm especially virtuous I'll get water, and it even makes the water better. Is it just that it's crushed? It seems to get the liquids colder than the ice at other places.
They've made it easier to feed my habit too. These days I'm never hampered by the lack of cash in my purse. I keep a fully loaded My Sonic card!

I'm not the only person who feels this way. Some of my friends are as addicted to it as I am. One of my out-of-state friends calls me when she's at her local Sonic...it's a bonding thing with us. And on a recent road trip with another friend, we planned our gas stops by the proximity to Sonics. And it's not the food. Nobody I know really likes the food there, just the drinks!

We're not alone. The last time I visited my doctor, she asked about my soda consumption. I told her, "I don't drink a lot of soda, because I don't keep it at home. I only have a coke when I go to town, and then I have to have a Coke from Sonic". A very exasperated look came over her face, and she said, "I hear that all the time! What is so special about Sonic?" I told her it's the ice.

And my husband is an enabler. I don't even have to bring it up anymore, he just pulls in and orders. I love him...him and that darn Sonic ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails