background

Friday, October 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!


What a momentous occassion...Carey baked me a birthday cake! I didn't take a picture of the cake, until after we had tucked into it...but I did get photo proof of my cute husband deep in concentration at the mixer controls.

I had such a beauty-filled day! Thank you, Lord. And just now, as I was surfing blogland (that's the way I relax in the evenings these days), I came across a blog after my own heart called homespun living, and she had quoted the following:

To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
"Symphony" by William Henry Channing

I think these are worthy goals to think on and strive for in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails