background

Monday, February 9, 2009

Cabin fever...

I haven't updated lately, because there's not much happening. I'm feeling fine. I'm walking. I'm cooking. I'm a little tired of being cooped up.

So we braved the crowds today to have a little adventure. We went to lunch at a new Chinese buffet. Oh how I love Hot and Sour soup...yum. Then a short run by the grocery store...mostly short because I forgot my list and could only remember a few of the items on it. Oh, and a run by Half-Price Books, where Carey took in a couple of sacks of books to sell. Of course, the proceeds did not make it out the door with us, because we spent it all, plus a little, on new reading material. And then, of course, the obligatory trip through Sonic for a Coke.

And speaking of Sonic, one of my fellow Sonic sisters texted and phoned (leaving nothing to chance) to let me know that her daughter and son-in-law are expecting her first grandbaby, which may excite me almost as much as it does her.

So I am a contented girl this afternoon. (Of course, I use the term 'girl' loosely.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails