background

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Chocolate/Peanut Butter/Banana Smoothie...



I found this recipe at Cut Out and Keep. It really satisfies the craving for a cold, creamy sweet, while including fruit, protein, and dairy.

I adjust the recipe reducing some ingredients and increasing others. I place in the blender 1 1/2 Tablespoons of peaunut butter, 1/2 to 1 banana (frozen), 1/3 cup (or one envelope) of Carnation brand Instant Breakfast (chocolate flavor), and 1 cup fat free milk. If the bananas aren't frozen, I add crushed ice, and blend.

When I buy bananas, they tend to turn dark before I use them. So before they get too ripe, I like to peel each banana, and then cut or break it into about five or six chunks. I place these on a plate or cookie sheet (depending on the number of bananas) so that they are not touching, cover with plastic wrap and place them in the freezer. Once they are frozen, I transfer them to a freezer bag or container. Pre-freezing separately helps keep them from sticking together. Try popping a frozen section as a snack...yum!

I've never liked to eat breakfast, and on days at home I usually opt to have an early lunch instead. Now that I'm back at work, though, this is pretty easy to manage in the morning and not be traditional breakfast food.

1 comment:

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails