background

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Girls weekend...

What a great weekend! Friday I got to spend the evening with all five kiddos while Kasey and Beau went out. Then Saturday the boys were otherwise engaged, so the girls came home with grandma to spend the night.



Since I just posted about Caitlyn recently, I thought I'd make Chloe (3) the star here. She told me I'm her precious angel...I think I've told her that a time or two also. :) In a matter of seconds, she can go from testing every nano-ounce of patience I have, to cuddling up in the rocker with me asking for 'A You're 'dorable.' And she seemed to be playing a version of stump the band when she started making requests for songs by just throwing out a topic, and expecting me to come up with a song that fit the bill. Her favorite was 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game' which she then requested again and again as she joined in and picked up more words with each repetition. Her Papa will be very excited to hear he may have a budding baseball fan.

We painted fingernails and toenails...several times. They love bubble baths in grandma's clawfoot tub, so that was a definite. We warmed up with grilled cheese sandwiches and bowls of soup. And then chilled with lots of ice cream. And ate lots of Cheetos (you can see some on Chloe's face in the photo above!) And marvelled at the snap, crackle, and pop of Rice Krispies.



And we had a really great surprise. We heard a plane fly low over the house...not unusual in itself, since we live on one of the highest points in the county we seem to get a lot of low fly overs. But when we kept hearing it, we went out on the front porch, and were treated to a front row seat to our very own little airshow. An awesome little yellow plane flew back and forth over the tree line time and time again. We were very excited. Every time the plane made a turn and flew back by again, there would be much squealing and applause!

Mama came to retrieve them this afternoon.

It sure is quiet around here tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails