background

Friday, October 9, 2009

New updated version...

If you're from my generation, you can't help remembering the iconic Chatty Cathy. And if you happened to be named Cathy, or any version thereof (as millions of us from that era were), let me pass on my deepest regrets for all the times you were actually called 'Chatty Cathy.' I feel your pain, for it was mine.

Well, the new improved version for our enlightened era is here...Conversationalist Caitlyn.

She is truly a living doll of the four-year-old variety. A natural social butterfly, who makes the rounds at every public event to visit with each person in the crowd. The kid should consider politics.

Oh, and when you pull her string, she looks more like this...


When they hired new staff at her daycare when she was two, the new employee asked how she should keep track of who was who and what belonged to whom, etc. The supervisor pointed across the room, and said, "See that little girl? Her name is Caitlyn; that's all you need to know. She can answer any question you have."

The other day, Caitlyn asked out of the blue, "Mama, do I talk too much?"

Struggling to choke back a laugh, Kasey asked her, "Why Caitlyn? Did somebody tell you that you talk too much?"

"Yeah. My teacher did. And my friends tell me I'm not the boss of them."

So I guess life experience is teaching her that there is a time and place.

But I hope that her natural enthusiasm for communication and personnel management is never curbed.

3 comments:

  1. Funny post, shes a cutie.I know with outgoing kids sometimes they change.I hope she doesnt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to talk too much too! I'm a professor and I get paid to talk to much!!! :)

    I wandered over to your blog. Found you on the 2009 One World One Heart Giveaway site. After watching the movie Julie and Julia recently, I've decided to try and go through the ENTIRE OWOH list, from beginning to end, in 90 days and connect/reconnect with all the artists and blogs that truly inspire me! Your blog is amazing and really resonated with me!

    A bit about me. I'm a mystery writer, jewelry artist, and college professor. Yes, and a Gemini, if you couldn't tell! Here is my blog, where I blend my mystery writing and jewelry craft:
    www.thehousemysteries.type pad.com
    My first mystery Keeping House: A Madame President mystery just came out on Amazon.
    Take care and as Julia Child might say, "Bon Blogging!"
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails