background

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hmmm...a drawer surprise for Grandma...

Notice anything odd here?



Yes, it is a messy drawer. But that's nothing new around here.

Come on...right there in the center. Here...I'll zoom in for you.



Aaaaccckkkk!!!

Here's the creepy part...this is the THIRD scorpion I have killed in the house today! (And for any newcomers who haven't read my rants about these pests in the past...by killed, I mean captured and cryogenically stored until the next time we burn trash. Yes, I do have a jar of frozen scorpions in my freezer. Hey, it's a humane way to rid myself of them...they just fall asleep...and I don't have to clean up the squooshed bodies.) This makes about the sixth one I've found in the house in the past week. But this is the first time I have ever found one in a drawer! Thank goodness it wasn't in Chloe's or Caitlyn's drawer when they were here last weekend.

Scorpions don't come in because your house is messy or dirty. (I know this because my daughter has had them in her house too...bless my little clean freak and her whole OCD family.) It's like spiders...they come in to hunt either food or water.

I've gotten a lot calmer about such things since becoming a country girl. I still don't like them. But I don't usually lose my cool...or my target. Bwaahaahaa...

(Oh, and I apologize for the poor photo quality...I didn't dare slow down to adjust camera settings.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails