background

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Ready...


new kitchen

Today was spent at the new house. The previous owners left it very clean, but you know there are just some things you want to clean yourself anyway. Jared climbed high and low cleaning inside cabinets and drawers all over the house. I vacuumed all the floors, and spent an inordinate amount of time figuring out all the light switches in the house and labeling them. Then I went around putting sticky notes on the walls where the large furniture pieces will go, in case I'm not there when furniture is unloaded.


new dining room

I came home and took a couple of Advil. This moving thing gets harder every time. I didn't even work that hard today, but the constant standing was torture. Thankfully there is a window seat in the dining room, since we haven't taken any chairs yet.


new laundry room

The laundry room (above) is quite possibly my favorite room in the new house...built in cabinets...a huge sink (out of sight to the left)...rods to hang laundry over the washer and the sink...large enough for a freezer. The washer and dryer will be in the far left corner, near the door to the outside. All of our large appliances will be staying with the sold house, so we will be having to purchase a new washer and dryer, and a refrigerator and microwave for the kitchen.


Tomorrow I have to really push to try to get things done on this end. The moving starts Monday.

6 comments:

  1. I like it! I love the ceiling angles in the kitchen--almost barn like and a fireplace too!!! Hope you'll post some pics when you get settled in! I want to move in the next couple of years, but dread the physical drudgery of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new home looks lovely, Kathleen. Can't wait to see more pics once you've settled in. Good luck with the move - will be thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I send one earlier but it didn't take so I will try again. It is beautiful. Enjoy and God Bless you in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHEMGEE!
    you are definitely out of the trailer and into the main house! It's sooo gorgeous and huge!
    Which room is mine?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous house! congratulations! (let me know if you make the scones!)
    pam h
    howtorunyourlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a beautiful, light filled space! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails