background

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Today's creative effort...

About a year and a half ago, I saw a photo of a white tree painted on a blue wall. I believe I saw it on Apartment Therapy, but I didn't save the link. I planned on creating my adaptation of it at the other house. I bought the blue paint for the walls and everything. Procrastination worked out for me this time. When we bought this house, that paint was the first up on the walls.

Here's the guest room/play room with the blue walls plain.



Okay, I'm going to confess here. I forgot to take a before picture...yet again...until after I had painted a couple of branches and leaves. So I Photoshopped them out, so you could see the walls bare.



I sketched part of it in pencil, and some I just painted in as I went. And an incredibly short time later, I was done. I could pick it apart, and point out the flaws, but I'm not going to. I like it.



I have one more paint project in there for another wall. I hope you will see it soon.

4 comments:

  1. I love it, Kathleen - it's really pretty. You're very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really looks lovley ~ you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! Beautiful! I need to start work on my house--it's pathetic how I've let it go! You "inspire" me! V

    ReplyDelete
  4. so how do we know you didn't just photoshop the tree IN instead of the other way around?!!!
    hehe
    I love it none the matter!
    What I wouldn't give for paintable walls!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails