background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Seven random thoughts on the 7th...



1. I came across a blog awhile back that I really liked.  The author had written a short piece of fiction, and it haunts me.  I want to read it again.  I was sure I had clicked 'follow.'  I have been through all of the blogs I follow, and all of my 'favorites' list.  But I can't find it.  I'm pretty sure that I left a comment on her blog, and she answered...but I don't remember if she answered via her comments, my comments, or by email.  The hunt goes on.  This is going to drive me crazy.

2.  I get totally cracked up by the lamest jokes.  Here's one I heard yesterday...Q: What's the first thing you know?  A:  Ol' Jed's a millionaire.  (Sorry to international blog friends...you have to be a devotee of 60s American television to get this probably.) 

3.  We are enjoying the most beautiful Spring weather.  Soft breeze, cool temps, and beautiful blue skies with nary a cloud.  We could desperately use some April showers though, as we are exceptionally dry...but I am loving the low humidity just the same.

4.  Must, must, MUST get out the sewing machine!  SO many projects await.  Little-girl dresses are at the very tippy top of the list.  Curtains, cushion covers, and a quilt project are on there too.

5.  Returning library books must be done.  Sadly they are overdue...my first infringement at the new library.  And they remain unread for the most part.  I did hear that Jean Auel's new book is now out...the last of the Earth's Children series...so I'll see if I can get on the waiting list for that while I'm there.

6.  I made a menu plan at the beginning of the week...and a shopping list.  Had my shoes on and keys in hand ready to walk out the door and to the grocery.  Got waylaid, and I haven't been yet.  Ugh.  I hate it when that happens.  End up eating weird combinations of things, or picking up takeout.  MUST go to the grocery!

7.  My random thoughts seem to have turned down a to-do list path, so I will add a few more things to it.  Vacuum, spend time on my treadmill, put the office in better shape, change bed linens, laundry, wash car, clear off horizontal surfaces (tabletops, shelves, chair seats...they are magnets around here!!!), clean out car, and then fill it back up with things to take to Goodwill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails