background

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spinning wheel go round and round...please...



I was so happy when our new kitchen had these corner turntables in the lower cabinets.  I've always thought that kitchen corners have a lot of wasted space.  I couldn't wait to make use of them, and thought the best use would be for canned goods.

Well, a few days ago the darn thing wouldn't spin.  Argh.  I guess I overloaded it and something jumped overboard.   This weekend I unloaded the whole cabinet, got out the flashlight, and looked for whatever fell off and was now hanging up the works.

You know what it was?  Nothing.  Well, not exactly nothing.  After moving everything from the turntable to the countertop, I discovered that the door was getting hung up on some bolts...one when you try to spin it one way, and a different one when you try to spin it the other.

So I guess it wasn't such a good idea to load the thing down with all the heavy canned goods.

Now that we've been here for awhile, I need to rethink how we use the kitchen and rearrange things to the best advantage.

Sounds like a good Monday job.


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I have one of these as well. And it is totally loaded up with heavy stuff. And it's making a strange noise every time I turn it. I guess it's only a matter of time ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of those spinny thingys in our other house and quite liked it. Everything at your fingertips and at a glance. Things get 'lost' in our pantry cupboard and I find The Man of the House staring aimlessly into the deep cavern of the unknown, looking for a can of sardines that 'was there yesterday'! I move him out of the way and miraculously reach in without looking and find the can... he was having a "man's look"! He he!

    Have a lovely weekend,

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails