background

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday's snail mail...

I'm pretty proud of myself (if I do say so) for sticking with the 52 letters in 52 weeks challenge.  I got a late start (beginning of May), but I'm on target to catch up.  I don't remember where I originally came across the idea.  But today I have done a little research, and have found Katy, and I'm officially linking up to her challenge.

The Saturday snail mail I've been blogging about is all outgoing.  If I received on average one piece of snail mail a week, it would make all the junk mail and bills worthwhile (maybe).  Alas, I think the last handwritten letter we have received was an Easter letter from my mother-in-law.  My participation in the challenge is my effort to 'be the change I want to see in the world.'

Today I am mailing a birthday card to a friend who was born on the fourth of July.  I realize that because of the holiday she will be receiving it late, but she will be so surprised that I don't think she'll mind too much.  I made her a patriotic rendition of my previous bunting cards.













I also had fun playing around and coming up with these pink flowers.  The darker pink centers are crumpled and torn tissue paper...the stems are raffia...all sewn to the top layer of the card.  And I added some pearl stickies to centers to make them even sweeter.

accountability stats: 9 weeks / 17 letters mailed

3 comments:

  1. Love both these cards - you're very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are lovely cards....love the little banner/bunting on the first card and the flowers are wodnerful on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Caroline. Check next Saturday...I think you may recognize my inspiration.

    Thanks Merry! I'm happy you stopped by. Come back soon.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails