background

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What I'm reading Wednesday...

I have been having a lot of pain lately. Last night my shoulder decided to take the spotlight, and woke me up continually. And today it has been miserable. I hope this book has some constructive ideas for relief and prevention.



















 And my trusty tens unit is paying for itself today. I don't know if it helps the condition in the long run, but it seems to make it feel better while it is turned on and the light electric current (from a 9 volt battery) courses through the electrodes on my shoulder.


















Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Have you been to the doctor? My friend's shoulder has to be iced down every night. She says that has helped her. Hope yours is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to the chiropractor. I have an appt with my MD next week, so I figure I'll talk to her about it then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a TENS machine too and it does make the painful area (lower back and shoulder for me) feel better. I also use Ice Gel

    - http://www.mentholatum.com.au/brands/ice/ice-range/ice-gel/

    which cools the spot nicely. The US may have a similar product as this is made in Australia. Worth googling. I hope your shoulder is better soon.

    Nice to see you are having some rain too!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Joolz. I iced it last night on Polly's suggestion, and was able to sleep most of the night. I'll look for the rub.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails