background

Monday, April 9, 2012

Making it Monday...


I was requested to make a masculine get-well card to take to work tomorrow for the staff to send someone who used to work in our office.  It looks a little off kilter in the photo, but I think it's because the way I had it standing it was curving a little with the weight of the washer.

The card is really simple, but has a couple of involved elements.  The background is navy cardstock that has a white core...when I put it through the Cuttlebug, it made the white show in the pattern.  I stamped the washer with metal stamps to read 'blessings' and tied it on with brown waxed cord.  (When I was stamping the washer, Carey came in to see what kind of card required hammering.  LOL)

The computer-printed inside sentiment reads,

Someone once said the greatest healing therapy is
friendship and love.

We are sending you lots of both!

It's okay, but it doesn't feel like I was in the groove, if you know what I mean.

On a really happy note, I got a text from my sister-in-law today saying that the missing post card from the project for my mother-in-law finally showed up.  Yea!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. THe navy background looks great! I've always like green and navy together!

    So glad that all the cards arrived... in pristine condition I hope! And yes tomorrow will truly be wordless... Not sure if you noticed that the post said it was wednesday April 11 yesterday... and it's still wednesday April 11 today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the card, it reminded me of a pair of levi jeans,very masculine and I bet it was gratefully received
    x Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails