background

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What I'm reading Wednesday...


The Buddha in the Atttic by Julie Otsuka.

So happy that I've finally figured out how to borrow library books for my Kindle.  This one first came to my attention when I heard the author interviewed on the radio.  It's about Japanese 'picture brides' who came as a group to America to marry the men who sent for them.  It follows the difficulties of their lives in a new country, and their move to internment camps in World War II.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Putting it on my list (which is getting really long). I have to clean house today because for three days I read in every spare minute. I finished up Alice Hoffman's The Dovekeepers. Sometimes I forget stories I read but not this one. Thanks for the book post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fascinated to read that you can borrow library books on your Kindle - I don't think we have that (brilliant) option over here as yet.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails