background

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Free-range pondering...

This is one of a group of photos that I took in January of this year, but never seemed to get around to posting any of them.  It was taken in Bastrop State Park, which along with its surrounding areas were the site of major fires last summer.  When we were there in January, they were cutting down and chipping trees.  The roads were packed with logging trucks, and it smelled like a lumber yard.

I was going through some older photos on my computer today and came across this.  Not sure why I'm posting it today...didn't have anything else to post about really.

Which makes me want to bring up something that has been on my mind.  It has seemed to me for awhile now that the blogs that I frequent regularly (my own included) are not being updated as often as previously.  I'm just wondering if blogs are trending out. (Oh, how I hope not!) 

I was talking to a friend last night.  This happens to be the friend that talked me into blogging in the first place back in 2007.  She was going to start blogging back then too, but she never took to it.  And she doesn't read mine either.  Last night, I was attempting to walk her through the Pinterest sign up. She was having some problem on her end trying to follow me on Pinterest, so I pretty much had to force her to come to my blog page to click on the 'Follow Me on Pinterest" link on the right border...just seemed like the easiest way to get the job done.  And it did work, but of course while she was doing it she noticed the new pictures I had up of the girls, and the books I've been reading, etc.  I had to take the opportunity to raz her, and tell her that she could see all that if she would just check in once in awhile. 

Her response was something like, 'I just can't read blogs...they're so bloggy.'

It occurs to me that I like the bloggy-ness.  I'm kind of a hermit, so I like that I can be in touch with people, read about what they are doing all over the world, and do it on my own terms and as time permits.  But the time I spend on the computer probably does limit my 'real life' human contact.

I don't know.  I just thought I'd put that out there to see if others had noticed similar trends or tendencies.

And that, dear blog friends, is my free-range pondering for the day.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. GREAT post, Kathleen! I think I'm probably one of the ones who doesn't update so often any more. Time was, I could put metaphorical pen to paper every day and churn out something I felt was vaguely interesting, but nowadays, I really struggle for what to write about.

    In fact, I've been toying with the idea of having a break from the blog. I've just passed my fourth blogiversary, and I wonder if I've just written about all the things I want to write about now, and I should just stop.

    Some days it feels more of a chore than a pleasure, and I don't think that's a good thing from either the reader or the writer's perspective.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails