background

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Paleo progress...


Mixed greens.  Avocado.  Blackberries.  Dried cranberries.  Feta.  Spicy sauteed shrimp.  Homemade honey dijon dressing.

Two weeks doing Paleo.  Here is the strangest thing I have noticed:  I have to go to the grocery store much more often, and I don't mind!  The only reason I can come up with is that the food options doing Paleo keep me mostly in the produce and seafood/meat department and not having to maneuver down every aisle. 

I've said for a long time that the reason I hate grocery shopping is because the stores are SO huge and have an overwhelming amount of choices.  Eliminating everything containing wheat, sugar, and dairy from my list makes it much less overwhelming.  Also I feel more energetic now, so the mere thought of going to the store doesn't make me crawl back into bed and pull the covers over my head.

The feta cheese (dairy) I added to the salad tonight is not Paleo approved...neither was the tortilla (wheat) that I ate with lunch today.  C'est la vie.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the Paleo diet, sounds pretty commonsense though - eat fresh food and you can't go wrong.

    I've been weight watching and cooking from scratch a lot and it is funny how you don't need to go down all those aisles but just produce, meat, dairy and frozen.

    Your salad plate looks delicious!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plate looks wonderful...except I dont' really care for shrimp or avacados. I like the rest though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girlfriend has been eating paleo for a couple of years, but she does eat some cheese. On their pizza, for instance (she makes the bottom out of eggplant).

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails