background

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What I'm reading Wednesday...



I just finished War Brides by Helen Bryan.  I opted for an early Kindle version that turned out to have a lot of editing errors.  But the story was quite good, and I was able to glance over the errors. 

Some of the coincidences were a bit harder to overlook.  But the descriptions of digging victims out of bombed buildings, sharing rationing coupons, mending and revamping clothing, the difficulties of billeting with incompatible housemates, and other details of the hardships rang so true.  Really interesting look into WWII England.  Wow.

I've grown a little tired of the fad version of the 'Keep Calm and Carry On' posters that are everywhere, but I think I may never look at them the same way again.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails