background

Monday, February 18, 2013

Presidents' Day...

photo credit: Dean Franklin

Today was Presidents' Day.  In Februaries of old, we used to have a Lincoln's Birthday and a George Washington's Birthday.  But the powers-that-be made them meet somewhere in the middle, renamed it Presidents' Day, and gave us a work holiday.

So that gave me a a four-day weekend this week.  I had intentions of...  Who am I kidding.  I didn't make a list until late last night, so obviously my intent was to relax and chill...which I did...I definitely did.  I never even left the house.

Today I got lots of things scratched off of my last-minute to-do list though, including one LONG dreaded and much put-off chore.  Whew!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing nicer than getting a chore done that's been hanging over your head for ages, is there? And I always find it's far easier and quicker to complete than I thought it would be, and end up wondering why it took me so long to get around to it! Now, where's that pair of trousers that needs hemming ....?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it surely does feel better! It did take seemingly forever, but that is entirely my own fault. If I would just do it as it comes in instead of waiting for a marathon session.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails