background

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Seven random thoughts on the 7th...



1.  It is H-O-T hot!  Over one hundred every day.  I am trying to think cool thoughts.

2.  Sometimes hot temperatures bring on hot tempers...and Monday was my day.  My boss is such a good guy.  He just agreed with everything I said that day.  LOL  Then today he brings me his I-phone and plays me this little youtube jewel...and he tells me it's my theme song.  LOL  Warning: mild profanity


3.  We have a little plumbing problem with the garage apartment.  Seems the sewer line does not actually run to the septic system.  Another $4,000?  Sure why not.  In for a penny, in for a pound.  It's not exactly livable without it.

4.  Soon all of our children and all of our grandchildren will be living under our roofs...temporarily.  My grandchildren think I'm going to be making them breakfast every morning!  Ha!  I'll be gone before they even get up.  :)  Kasey and Beau have sold their house and have to be out by the 23rd.  The purchase of their new home has been hitting a few snags...there is now a lawyer involved.  Pray for us all.

5.  I think I'm going to get a new couch out of opening our home to the family.  Kasey and Beau have THE most comfortable sectional.  I have been campaigning for them to buy new furniture for YEARS, and, you know, hand down the old one to me.  :)  Now I have convinced them to bring the sofa with them when they move in here, so that there is room for everyone to sit comfortably...and then I'm not going to let it out of the house.  Bwahahaha....

6.  I'm a nice person (except for this past Monday).  Occasionally it gets me in trouble.  Lately there have been homeless people hanging out in the shady porch of the shopping center where we are located.  I try to be respectful and compassionate.  However, one is a young man, and he has begun to drop in the office occasionally.  I have to balance compassion with my responsibility to my job  and my safety.  I am alone at the office a lot of the time, and I  have started having to keep the door locked.  My boss called the home office today to see about getting a remote door lock, so that I could unlock it remotely from my desk when a customer arrives...it would cost $3,000.  I don't see that in our future.  We have been talking (okay, mostly I have been talking) about moving to a better location when our lease is up.

7.  I have given up on trying to go to bed earlier.   At my last visit, my doctor said I wasn't really sleeping anyway, so even if I was in bed for twelve hours, I would not be getting good rest.  I have been using that as a free pass to only be in bed for about six hours.  Somehow I don't think that's what she had in mind either.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Loved the little cartoon - made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well if you are going to have all your kids and kidlets at home you deserve someting--the sofa will be great! I am glad to hear you are keeping awareness in regards to the homeless guy. Keep safe

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails