background

Monday, June 9, 2014

Nine...


My little Caitie-bug is growing up so fast.  We spent the day together yesterday.  

She was so proud of the 'curl' in her hair from sleeping in braids.  Bless her heart.  I remember vividly being her age and braiding my damp hair before bed so that I would wake up with waves...about as close as those of us with board-straight hair get to a curl.  That gene passed from me to her mother to her.  I hope she grows to appreciate it as much as I have.

We went shopping and out to lunch.  We had a sleepover and read out loud to each other and played a game.  This morning she made a card for, and wrote to, her great-grandmother.  Then we picked up her sister for a trip to the library and another lunch out.

I returned them home, and then came home and promptly took a nap.  Little girls can wear me out!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Don't they grow up quickly? She was a tiny little thing when I started reading your blog! Just tried to comment on your 'blogiversary' post but told me comments were disabled for some reason. Anyway, would love to be entered for your mystery giveaway, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline...thanks for letting me know about comments on the giveaway. I've got it fixed now, and your name is in the hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how cute. What fun to have a sleepover. we will be doing a lot of that in the weeks to come. We have a 'clubhouse" for the girls.
    It is a combination clubhouse/work shop for me 12' x12' has a set of bunks on one side my shelves and cupboards on the other. We always have to sleep over in there----funny how Oma is the only one who sleeps in there --on a blow up mattress on the floor---with the kids. But they love it. I know how tiring they can be but what a joy huh?

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails