background

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bidding and bidding adieu...

My friend, Pam, is in town.  She is such a bad influence.  She drags me to the Tuesday night auction.  (wink, wink)  The room was packed.  Really crowded.  The majority of the items for sale tonight were from a shipment received from France...wine country antiques.

This chair was one of a pair that I was interested in.  They were very comfy.  I decided that my max bid would be $300 for the pair.  I didn't even bid, as they swiftly shot past that.  They finally sold for $800.  Each.    I set my max bid pretty low, because I wasn't deeply in love with themso I am perfectly okay with them going home with someone else (unlike this heartbreak).

I really wasn't interested in anything else except for these pails.  I have a thing for enamelware.  They are larger than they seem in the photo.  The white one is about 15 inches tall (about 38 cm).  Lucky for me, they didn't come up for bid till very near the end, and the crowd had thinned dramatically, as had the bidding. 

And they're useful.  I'm picturing them filled with balls of yarn, rolls of toilet paper, rolled towels, Christmas greenery or large round ornaments, magazines, kindling, or I could always fall back on using one or both as waste baskets...but they're way too cute for that.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I do like those. Haven't been to an auction for YEARS, must put it on my 'to do' list!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails