background

Friday, June 19, 2015

Science Friday...

Work today was a moderately busy morning, with a moderately quiet afternoon.  Which I was happy about, because I could listen to Science Friday on NPR at my desk.  One segment included guests who were palaeontologists, and the topic was Jurassic World.  Very enjoyable since we had just seen the movie.

Then when I got home, StarTalk was on the NatGeo channel.  Guests were NASA administrator, Dr. Charles Bolden; astrophysicist, Dr. Michael Shara; and Bill Nye, The Science Guy (whom I frankly found a little annoying today, as he seemed to constantly interrupt to try to be clever).

After StarTalk I went outside to feed the dogs, and I found this clever little fellow.  So tiny!  That is a pinto bean there beside him for comparison.



At which point I released him back into the wild where I had found him.  With all the rain we've been having, he and his friends are partying like it's 1999 (which is approximately the last time we were this wet).

See?  It WAS a very science-y Friday...and I AM a big nerd.  :)

Happy weekend, all!
Photobucket

2 comments:

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails