background

Monday, June 22, 2015

Tip of the week...


My job involves working a few days in one place, and a couple days at another place, sometimes multiple places in the same week, and never any kind of repeat schedule.  Work days involve things like making sure I have clean work clothes, and gasoline in the tank, so I need to be able to see what I have coming up.    

Call me old fashioned, but I cannot organize my life on any kind of digital calendar.  I need an old-school paper calendar with the whole thing visible without clicking or swiping or pinching.  And I need it staring me in the face every single day without me having to remember to open it.

I hang my calendar in a very small room that is visited several times a day.  And the calendar is the only thing hanging on the wall opposite the only seat in the room (ahem). 

This is the best and longest practiced tip that I picked up from Flylady.net: "Hang your calendar in the bathroom."

6 comments:

  1. Great idea ! I have had electronic palm things,online planners and etc but can't do without my little pocket diary, I am lost without it,it stays in my bag and I look at it more then twice a day ! Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one in my purse too, but if I'm not working I forget to look at it. I have to have one with me at all times, though. Can't tell you the number of times I've had to pull the car in to a parking lot to take a call from someone scheduling me for a work day. I've become really good at taking my purse planner straight to the wall calendar to keep them 'synced'...old school style...with a pencil. :)

      Delete
  2. Haha...love it! I'm pretty old school too. I have a monthly calendar/planner that goes everywhere with me. I have to have the monthly (NOT daily or weekly) style, so I can see what's coming... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so with you on that. I have to have a planner in my purse too, and it HAS to be monthly! But I’m religious about transferring everything to the big calendar when I get home so I can see it frequently.

      Delete
  3. Makes sense. I too am a hard copy paper person. Part of my last job was doing rosters and posting them on a big bulletin board until my job was taken over by boffins on computers.....everyone was upset that they had to log into a website to find their rosters. Especially me......my job was no more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why must things be fixed if they aren't broke? I know it must have been really painful to go through that. I'm glad you've landed in a happy place now.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails