background

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Pumpkin-y goodness...

I love Autumn in general, and October in particular.  Do I enjoy October because it means my birthday is imminent, or do I enjoy my birthday because it's surrounded by my favorite things?  

I don't usually go out for trendy things, but I liked everything pumpkin before there was pumpkin everything.  Diego's birthday is two days after mine, and he likes pumpkin-y things too.

I noticed Pumpkin Spice pudding in the store yesterday, so I picked up a couple of boxes.  I thought I might make a trifle or something for next Sunday's dessert.

Two days ago I picked up the jar of Pumpkin Butter.  If I follow through on my intentions, we will enjoy some of it this afternoon on some warm-from-the-oven homemade bread.  Yum!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I've been a life-long pumpkin fan too..."I was pumpkin...when pumpkin wasn't cool..." (or something like that). That pumpkin butter sounds yummy. I need to figure out how to make some. Shouldn't be too hard.

    I'm always trying to talk my various family members into letting me have their fall pumpkins once they're through decorating with them (if they're still in good shape). They usually just dump them, so if I can get 'em first, I generally have plenty of fresh home-frozen pumpkin on hand for baking. Mmmmm...now I'm getting hungry.

    Will have some of hubby's Colorado family in town this weekend...may just have to make them something pumpkiny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking for a recipe today for pumpkin bread pudding. Found quite a few. But one I found that I REALLY want to try is called Heavenly Lemon Bread Pudding.

      Oh, and the pumpkin butter was okay, but not mind blowing.

      Have fun with family!

      Delete
  2. We don't have any of that pumpkin madness over here and I wonder if we are missing out! Pumpkin comes in all sizes in the veggie aisle...and that is all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the whole madness part came in when Starbuck’s Coffee started with the pumpkin lattes which are only seasonal. Every other business started trying to get their piece of the (pumpkin) pie. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails