background

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

In an effort to economize...

image credit: rfclipart.com

I finally talked my husband into giving up satellite television.  Not that we are going without television, mind.  We just switched to getting our television 'bundled' with our phone/internet.  Fingers crossed, it will save about $100 a month.

We made the change about two weeks ago, and it has been aggravating not being able to remember the new channel numbers and missing some channels we no longer have access to.  Before the technician left, he said he didn't have any channel guide printouts, but they were available at their website to be downloaded and printed out.  Uh-huh.

For some reason the house wifi changed.  The computers were easy to switch over, but the printer is not.  It seems that I have to reinstall the printer and reset its wifi setting.  Easy enough, except that I stupidly updated my computer to Windows 10 awhile back.  The old printer is incompatible with the update.  So I need to call my computer guy and find out if it would be better to have him uninstall Windows 10 for me (which I would be happy to do, as I'm not liking it much) or buy a new printer.  Either way there will need to be $ spent.

We have had our home phone and internet through this provider for fifteen plus years (before our move even), and have been very satisfied.  They're not one of the big names.  They are a small rural cooperative.  I'm sure we will be satisfied again, but it may take some time.

Aaack, change, why are you so difficult?
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I'm the same! I need to update my Windows because iTunes isnt compatible with XP anymore. But I cant bear the thought of the upheaval changing over and yes, I dont want Windows10 either. Grrrr!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails