background

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Retreat meal prep...


The quilt retreat is this weekend.  I am not ready, but I'm closer than I was.

We will be cooking ourselves.  No, that's not right.  We will be cooking FOR ourselves.  Everybody brings their own breakfast preferences, and since the numbers of lunches and dinners that we will be having there equals the number of attendees, we drew lots to see who would provide and prepare which meal.  I got Tuesday lunch.  Since we are leaving there right after lunch on Tuesday, I wanted something really easy, so I wouldn't lose Tuesday-morning productivity, and also easy to clean up after.

I found a recipe for Southwestern Twice-Baked Potatoes (not pictured) that I thought would be a possible solution.  I made them Sunday, and the family really liked them.  When I went to buy groceries today, I decided to switch up the recipe to use diced chicken, butter, sour cream, Parmesan, sliced black olives, green onions, garlic, Italian seasonings, topped with mozzarella, and after baking, topping with some extra sour cream and pesto.  I gave them a trial run for dinner tonight. (Tonight's are pictured above.  I had limited mozzarella, so I used cheddar on ours.) 

The retreat potatoes are done and in the freezer now.  Then Monday night, I'll move them from the retreat house freezer to the fridge to thaw, and just pop them in the oven to bake late Tuesday morning.  I'm also going to make some Mason Jar salads to serve with them.  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails