background

Monday, February 29, 2016

Spice it up...

Quick post, because I am tired and my back aches.  I had to take a muscle relaxer to make it through the work day today.  I wasn't sure I could stand at the stove and cook tonight, but I had groceries that needed to be cooked, so I did.  And it reminded me that I've been meaning to post about this.

This is Picaringa...

...and this is Tajίn.  They are both blends of lime and chile, and are usually sold in the produce section of supermarkets.  They are marketed as a fruit seasoning, and they are quite tasty on fruit.

But I am here to tell you that if you can get your hands on either of them, try it on a baked sweet potato!!!   Love it!  Love!  It!

That is my public service announcement recommendation for today.  You can thank me later.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to look for these at my local supermarket - I am always looking for new spice blends and seasonings to jazz up vegetables, fish and chicken. I hope you feel better, an aching back is the pits.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails