background

Friday, May 13, 2016

Frugal Friday File, week 19...


Successes:
1.  Had such a disappointing dinner out that I emailed a complaint to corporate office.  They emailed me a $75 gift card.

2.  Daughter texted me asking if I could pick up grandson from the high school.  Asked him if he wanted to stop for a drink or snack.  He chose Starbucks, because "they have frappuccinos half price from 3 to 5 through May 15."  Love that boy!  :)  

3.  Cooked a package of chicken breasts in the slow cooker.  Made chicken tacos.  Made chicken spaghetti.  Froze two packages for future meal starters.

4.  Staying in on Friday night...no gas used...no $ spent...and it's Friday the 13th, so who knows what other disasters are being averted!

5.  I haven't purchased any fabric in the last thirty days!

Keep Tryings:
I neglected filling up the gas tank when I had time, so when I was late leaving for a doctor's appointment in a neighboring town I was in a bit of a pinch.  I had enough to get there, but I had to purchase at a higher price before starting the return trip home.


Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  *dinner out
Sunday:  Family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  *take out
Tuesday:  grazed the fridge
Wednesday:  chicken tacos
Thursday:  chicken spaghetti
Friday:  *Tex Mex

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails