background

Friday, September 30, 2016

Frugal Friday File, week 39...


Successes:
1.  Bathed the dog myself, cleaned his ears, clipped his nails.  No grooming fee.

2.  Finally returned the too-small, never-used pet carrier to WalMart.  I told myself that if I hadn't returned it by this weekend, it was going in the garage sale.  I knew that at the garage sale I would only get a fraction of what I had paid for it, so that was my incentive to get it done.  I was running early for an appointment Wednesday, so I picked up the carrier and went to WalMart on the way to appointment.  That 15 minute detour returned $28.63 back to my wallet.

3.  Wanted lunch out.  Came home instead.  Peanut Butter and Jelly...yum.

4.  No purchases this week.  I've been staying home and away from e-commerce.

5.  The garage sale at Kasey's that I thought was tomorrow...is TODAY and tomorrow.  Umm, I thought I still had today to gather things.  There's my procrastination biting me in the heinie again.  We had already taken some stuff over there a week or so ago, so I made $30 this morning (thanks, Kasey!)  I took some more stuff over today, so hope it is busier tomorrow and maybe make a little more.

Keep Trying:  
Have not done very well cooking this week.  I was proud of myself up until Wednesday.  

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  leftovers
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  Turkey and Wild Rice soup
Tuesday:  Fried Rice
Wednesday:  *fried chicken
Thursday:  *Tex-Mex
Friday:  *friend's night out

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails