background

Friday, October 7, 2016

Frugal Friday File, week 40...


Successes:
1.  I made $42 on the garage sale last weekend.  Not a fortune, but I got rid of stuff.  Kasey and I swapped a couple of things with each other.  I have a box to drop at Goodwill, and I have things left that I want to list on Craigslist later this week.

2.  I worked Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and I scheduled two more days at another branch in a week or so.

3.  Saved $60 by paying home insurance for the whole year rather than monthly.  Five dollars a month seems pretty reasonable to spread it out over the year, and there were many years that we needed to do that.  But we had the funds in the account now, so I saved the $60 by paying once.

4.  Thursday I made a big pot of Virginia's Taco Soup.  Just when it was ready, Kasey called.  They had hosted a meal for Chandler's football teammates.  After the boys left, they had tons of food left.  I turned the soup off and left it to cool while we went to Kasey's.  Soup always tastes better on the second day anyway, and all the work is done.  Free meal on Thursday (thanks again, Kasey) and an already prepped meal for Friday.

5.  Frugal is: hanging out at home, reading library books, doing chores, being creative with items on hand, playing with the dog...all my favorite things (well, maybe not the doing chores part).

Keep Tryings:
No matter how sure I am that I can go to the movie and NOT have popcorn, I always give in.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  Tuna sandwiches
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  Roast, potatoes, carrots in the slow cooker
Tuesday:  Spaghetti w/ meat sauce and garlic bread
Wednesday:  *Schlotzky sandwiches
Thursday:  impromptu family dinner at Kasey's
Friday:    Virginia's Taco Soup

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails