background

Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016, the highlights...

I was going to rerun the format I used last year for the year-end review, but man were my first posts of each month boring!  So I'm going straight to the year's highlights.

✫  RUDY:  Nuff said.

✫  HOSTING:  The other Kathleen came for a whole week!


✫  COOKING:  Between eating more of our meals at home for frugality, and preparing desserts for Sunday family dinners, I did a lot of cooking this year.  




✫  QUILTING:  Even though they are not quilted and bound, I did get four quilt tops assembled this year (three of which I'm still thinking about adding borders to).  

My 2016 goal was to get six completely finished this year.  Yeah, that didn't happen.



✫  WRITING:  I got my name (and article and photographs) in print and was paid for it!

✫  BLOGGING:  I posted 192 blog posts.


✫  READING:  I read 33 books this year; down from 37 last year.

The best book I read this year was...The Widow's War by Sally Gunning.

I gave up on so many books this year.  Some I was really enjoying, but just couldn't concentrate on reading long enough to finish, but I may give them another try in the future.  Some were just too bad to waste time on.  I can't pick a worst.


And that's another year completed.  It was a pretty good one; glad I was here for it.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Thanks to audio books, I read 65 books and 2 monthly devotional magazine (every month)in 2016.

    7 were actual hardback or paperback books & 2 were Kindle books...the rest were audio books from the library. :-)

    I'm hoping to read at least one actual hold-it-in-my-hand-and-turn-the-pages book per month in 2017 in addition to my other "reading".

    I love reading, but about the only time I have for it is during my commute, which lead to the audio books. Not the same, but MUCH better than no "reading" at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to listen to audio books while I’m hand quilting, but haven’t done that in forever. I have one ready to go in the frame, though, so need to check out some audio books when it does.

      I love my old Kindle Keyboard (enough that I replaced it with a rebuilt Kindle Keyboard when mine broke…actually bought two of them, and gave one to Carey) because it has text to speech…so I can read when I want to read, and let the Kindle read to me when I’m driving or something. I used it a LOT while I was commuting. Electronic voice, so not like audio book, but I didn’t mind it. When I listen to audio books in the car, it aggravated me when I got home and couldn’t listen to it in the evening…but I’m probably showing my age, because I’m sure there’s a way around that now. :)

      Delete
  2. These are the daily reading materials (which include NO audio books) I am using for my 2017 daily devotional time each morning:

    1. A Spectacle of Glory: God's Light Shining through Me Every Day - by Joni Eareckson Tada

    2. Devotions from the Front Porch - by Stacy Edwards

    3. Daily Guideposts 2017: A Spirit-Lifting Devotional - by varied authors

    4. The Upper Room (devotional magazine) - by varied authors

    5. In Touch Daily Devotional Magazine - by Charles F. Stanley

    6. The Bible (New King James Version) by God :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get up far earlier than I do, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few years ago, I determined that my days would go better, and be more productive if I made the time for this. It never fails...although there are days when I get busy and don't get it done...I can really tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every fall my dear friends leave their summer mountain retreat here to return across country to Iowa. They are both avid readers and leave me a huge cardboard box of books. Every spring I am ready for their return with books I have read in addition to all those they left me in the fall.
    The books they leave me I pass on to another friend who loves books and she does the same. I love your quilt tops and to get of them ready is a great finish. remember it is the trek not the finish line

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails