background

Friday, January 13, 2017

Frugal Friday File 2017, week 2...


Successes:
1.  Menu planned and shopped while I had a chauffeur.  Prepped quite a bit for future meals and stored in freezer.

2.  Last weekend we had a hard freeze while Carey was out of town.  Sunday morning the house had just a trickle of water at the taps, so I assumed we had some frozen pipes.  At the end of the day, when we still had no water, I mentioned it to son-in-law.  He had everything up and running in short order and wouldn't accept reimbursement for the part he purchased.  It was a coincidental issue with well's water pump rather than frozen pipes.  No damage to pipes, no bill for repairs.

3.  Weather has warmed, windows open, heat off.

4.  Haven't gotten a haircut, but I'm really wishing it was short again.  Just for fun I Googled how much it would be worth if I sold it...approximately $115.  :)

5.  Still making do with one car.


Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  *pizza
Sunday:  Sunday dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  *Whataburger
Tuesday:  smothered pork chops, rice, green beans
Wednesday:  Mexican Cornbread
Thursday:  beef stew (because you mentioned it Sylvia!)
Friday:  leftovers

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. With all our freezing temperatures last weekend and at the beginning of the week, the housing office sent out an email asking everyone to put their taps on a slow drip at night and to open up the cabinet doors under the sink. No problems here and haven't heard from any of the neighbors. 70 degrees yesterday, can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beef stew - yum! Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Ever since you said you were hungry for it, I was too! :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails