background

Friday, February 24, 2017

Frugal Friday File 2017, week 8...


Oh my goodness, I almost forgot to post the Frugal Friday File!

Successes:
1.  I needed some thread to take to quilt retreat this weekend.  Since I left it kind of late, I thought I would check Amazon and see if they had the brand I wanted (available with Prime shipping) and hoped for a reasonable price.  They did, and they also had a couple under "used" so I clicked on it to see what the heck that could possibly mean.  It meant that it was returned as 'damaged' and repackaged for sale as a second.  For less than half price of other websites (and with free 2-day shipping) why, yes, I was willing to take a chance.  It arrived Tuesday afternoon.  See the flaw?  Look down...down...down all the way to the bottom.  Yes, there it is; that little pin prick of spot.  I just need it for piecing, so it will be buried between layers and completely unseen.  I'm happy with great quality at a bargain price.

2.   I'm in the group making dinner for Saturday for our retreat.  We are grilling chicken (and by 'we' I mean someone else in the group).  I'm taking a big salad.  Someone's making cheesecake (yum!)  We will take our receipts, add them up, and divide equally.  Much more frugal than going into town to eat, and doesn't take as much time away from sewing.

3.  I booked another day of work for next month.

4. The hubs found out how much his annual bonus will be.  A little less than last year, but we were expecting that.  They've made a ton of cutbacks this year, so I'm happy he's still employed; a bonus is just that, a bonus.

5.  I payed all the bills on time; no late fees.  I returned my library book as soon as I finished rather than waiting and risking forgetting; no fines.  I filled up the car and checked what kind of fuel mileage I get in the new car; lots better than its predecessor.

Keep Tryings:
I ran to the fabric store to get some things just in case...pins, needles for machine and hand sewing, a little fabric for binding a project.  Oh well, at least I had coupons.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  *barbecue sandwich
Sunday:  Sunday Family Dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  Beef Stroganoff, broccoli
Tuesday:  Chili Dogs
Wednesday:  Chicken Provolone
Thursday:  leftovers
Friday:  *Chinese

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. The retreat sounds like so much fun - can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS! And I got SO much done. Happy and tired. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails