background

Friday, March 3, 2017

Frugal Friday File 2017, week 9...


Successes:
1.  I have this thing about patio furniture.  As much as I love the look of cushions, I won't sit on outdoor furniture with cushions, because I'm afraid there might be spiders or scorpions hiding in them.  So we've been using a ratty folding chair on the patio when we are outside with Rudy.  However, it is starting to become rather unsafe.  By shopping online, I thought I found what I wanted to replace it (and on clearance), but when I went to look in person today, the store didn't have the one I wanted.  I'll keep looking.  Delaying the gratification.

2.  I booked a few hours of work for next week.  I usually don't book less than a whole day, but since this branch is a new local one, the gasoline usage won't eat into the take-home pay by much.

3.  Staying home, reading and catching up on sleep...no spend activities.

4.  The weather is very mild; no need for A/C or heater.  Perfect for going to the drive-in, which we haven't done in a couple of years.  But I checked out what's playing, and nothing I want to see.  Ah, well, money stays in pocket.

5.  I haven't bought Rudy any new toys.  Haven't hired out house cleaning chores.  Haven't bought any new clothes or shoes.  Haven't gotten a haircut.  

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  retreat food
Sunday:  retreat food - I provided salad for Sunday's meal
Monday:  retreat food
Tuesday:  retreat food
Wednesday:  salad with *purchased popcorn chicken added
Thursday:  Spanish rice
Friday:  *Scholotzky sandwiches

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I had three days with the heater off and then the temperatures plummeted so on again it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice plans for the whole weekend. Just eat, eat, and eat.LOls:)....I love spanish rice very much. I usually cooked it on the weekend. My family enjoys new recipes.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails