background

Friday, June 30, 2017

Frugal Friday File 2017, week 26...


Half way through the year!

Successes:
1.  I picked up a day of work.  Carey is working 3 extra days to cover for a coworker who is a new dad.

2.  Enjoyed a library book and read it very quickly.  The day I finished it, I needed to run an errand that would take me near the library, so I returned the book a week and a half before it was due...I didn't have to make a separate trip later...I didn't accidentally forget and incur a fine...and I didn't deprive the next person on the reserve list any longer than necessary.

3.  Though I did make a menu plan and shopping list, I haven't actually made the trip to the grocery yet.  Keep challenging myself to find something workable from the pantry and freezer (though we did have a couple of meals out this week).

4.  Designing a toy for Rudy that will withstand rough tug-of-war.

5.  Keeping hands off the thermostat.  Remembering to turn off the ceiling fan when I leave the room for an extended period.  


Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  *Tex-Mex
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  *fried chicken
Tuesday:  quiche and green beans
Wednesday:  Mexican Cornbread casserole
Thursday:  Leftovers
Friday:  tuna casserole?

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I was always having overdue books at the library, we're 10 miles from town. So now all I check out is ebooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ebook checkout is SO easy, isn’t it? We live a fair distance from the library as well, so I do LOVE checking and finding what I’m looking for without ever having to leave home. Not all the books I want are available as ebooks, however, so I do end up checking out their hard copies as well.

      Your comment evoked such vivid memories of my own history of overdue books, that I think I am going to have to write an entire blog post about it. :)

      Delete
  2. Those tug of war rope toys you buy at the pet store don't last very long. I'm sure you can make a much tougher one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was either told or read somewhere not to buy the rope toys. The strands separate and get swallowed and can be dangerous to their digestive tract.

      I have a pattern sketched, and fabric laid out. I just have to get busy sewing! He loves his soft toys so much, but they don’t last long. His current squeaky toy only kept its squeaker and stuffing for about 30 minutes…right now it is really only a rag, but he continues to bring it to me often to play fetch and tug of war.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails