1. I ordered 5 replacement knobs to replace the broken ones on the lids of my stainless steel cookware. I wouldn't say they were inexpensive (with tax and shipping about $10 each), but I still consider them frugal. The pots and pans are 41 years old (favorite wedding gift ever!) and in perfect condition aside from the knobs, which were broken one at a time over the years. The last one finally broke recently, and last week I got a blister on my finger when I didn't have good hot-pad coverage. As soon as the new ones arrive, we'll be set for another 40 years. :)
2. Picked up three more days of work for September. My calendar hasn't been this full in a long time. But that's a good thing. I've blocked out most of October and some of November as non-work days, as I will have quilt retreat and then we will be taking vacation during part of that time, so it's a good thing to have a full calendar beforehand. :)
3. Signed up for a 30-day free Netflix trial. I set a reminder for the day before it ends, so that it doesn't slip past without my notice. I may or may not continue with a subscription, but I want it to be a conscious choice and not an accident. In fact, even if I do decide to subscribe, I think I might wait till after vacation.
4. Keeping a close eye on the finances. Car insurance and house insurance are due soon. Making vacation plans and reservations.
5. Brewed iced tea using one regular tea bag and one peach tea bag. So good. Helps keep me away from happy hour at Sonic. :)
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday dinner at Kasey's
Monday: curry, rice, and naan
Wednesday: grazed the fridge
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)