background

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Saturday snail mail...

The girls stayed over last night, and so I had them make and write cards for their great-grandmother this morning.

This one is Caitlyn's.  Just washi tape and a wooden 'love.'  And inside a sweet note.

Chloe's was super simple as well (they were hungry, so I thought fast was better than fancy).  They both are great letter writers.  I didn't find a misspelling or grammar error worthy of correcting (a few commas missing, but we let those slide today).  

Both of them are eager to start back to school.  Both will be in middle school this year.  Why do babies have to grow up so fast?

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful of you to encourage the girls to write letters to their great grandmother. Such a good lesson, and it will mean a lot to your mother. The cards are sweet. They don't have to be fancy, it's the thought and the note that will mean so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They never knew my mother, who died almost twenty years ago. But they write to Carey’s mother. It has been a fabulous partnership, as without my asking she answers each of their letters promptly, and they have learned how enjoyable it is to receive a handwritten letter in response to one written. And it has earned me SERIOUS points in the good daughter-in-law department! :)

      Delete
  2. Such pretty work, doesn't look simple at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do a great job making the cards before writing in them. And I love to share craft time with them. :)

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love the cards. How fun! They are not only making cards they are making memories. I hope they never outgrow their creativity.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails