background

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

What I'm reading Wednesday...

The Orchid House by Lucinda Riley

I started this book last week, but barely got into it before laying it aside to read something else.  I'm back to it now, and making good progress.  I'm enjoying it.  It will fulfill the 'book that is a story within a story' category of the 2017 reading challenge.

Pray for Silence by Linda Castillo
This is the one that I snuck in.  It's one of a mystery series that is set in an Ohio community with a large Amish population.  Since we will be going to Ohio soon, I was hoping to soak up a little preview of the area.  It was pretty good, but I wouldn't describe it as a favorite.  And it didn't fit any categories of the reading challenge.  :(

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Orchid House, but just finished The Lavender Garden by same author and liked it even better. Add it to your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, Linda. I will look for it. The Orchid House wasn't my favorite. It was okay, but a couple of those characters were really flawed.

      Delete
  2. Hey, your doing my What I'm Reading Wednesday! That's super! And well done you since you actually seem successful at it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I snagged the What I'm Reading Wednesday from you waaaaayyyyy back...was it before you moved back to Canada maybe? Long time. It's been the post I'm most faithful about blogging probably. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails