background

Friday, October 13, 2017

Frugal Friday File 2017, week 41...


Successes:
1.  Finished menu plan and shopping list for next two weeks.  Made the supreme effort of the grocery shop.  Spent $117...which I thought was pretty good...at least considering that we would have been eating out daily on the road if not for this effort and it also included some ground beef and stew meat that I precooked and vacuum sealed for the freezer for later.

2.  Carey changed the oil in the car, and gave it a thorough once over in preparation for its road time ahead.  I SO appreciate his skill in this area and the fortune it has saved us over the years.

3.  Payday...yippee!  Paying bills...meh.  But getting it done on time means no late fees.

4.  Had an appointment with my primary care physician this week.  I needed to have the dosage adjusted on one prescription, and I asked her to renew a prescription for a muscle relaxer.  She prescribes it for me annually.  I almost never take them, but I once had to make a VERY expensive trip to the ER, in an ambulance no less, due to a muscle spasm in my back.  Since then she agrees that keeping a few on hand would help me be able to avoid the expense of a repeat ER visit.  

5.  I didn't give in to snack temptations while at the store.

Big Fat Frugal Fail:  You may remember me mentioning that I ordered state maps from state tourist bureau websites for free.  Yes.  Well.  Only two arrived within the two or three weeks stated mailing time frame.  In fact only two arrived period...and it has now been almost seven weeks.  I had to order them from Amazon after all...they were crazy expensive ($5 and up each, and I needed SEVEN different states.  Ouch.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  sandwich
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  Creamy Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Tortellini Soup
Tuesday:  Sloppy Joes
Wednesday:  *Schlotzky sandwiches
Thursday:  Spanish Rice
Friday:  ???

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

2 comments:

  1. Hi from steamy Florida. Hi Kathy, I am wilting in the humid atmosphere here! I love a useful man that can do the basics with a car. Mike is pretty good too but anything major goes to the garage to be seen too.
    I’ve not read all my blogs but did your retreat go well? I had a good Applique class with my friend Radka. A calm peaceful hand stitching day. More detail in my letter when I get back. The map delay is a pain too when you paid those prices.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails