background

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Slow Dancing With a Stranger: Lost and Found in the Age of Alzheimer's
 by Meryl Comer

Heartbreaking and frightening memoir.  Meryl Comer was a television journalist married to a successful doctor at the National Institute of Health.  Then she was forced to become a caregiver when her husband began suffering terrifying symptoms of dementia in his 50s.  

This one fulfills the 'book by or about a person who has a disability' category of the 2017 reading challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Alzheimer scares me. My father-in-law suffered from it and taking care of him definitely shortened my mother-in-law's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting trip sounds like a lot fun. Love the pieces you made. I love quilts.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails