background

Friday, November 10, 2017

Frugal Friday File 2017, week 45...


Successes:
1.  I don't normally feel moved to complain to a home office regarding unsatisfactory conditions at a restaurant.  In fact, I have done so only once before in my life; now twice.   After visiting a well-respected family restaurant chain on our vacation, I emailed through their website with a concern.  In my snail-mailbox yesterday was a letter of apology and a gift card for dinner-for-two at one of their locations near us.  The formal letter of apology was a pleasant surprise, and restores my faith in the company's commitment to customer service.

2.  I worked a half day on Wednesday.  On Thursday the same branch phoned me and booked two more days for next month.

3.  I used another token at Sonic for a free medium soft drink.  On the receipt it showed a $0.00 charge and had a survey request at the bottom.  The survey requests only come up occassionally, and normally I just ignore them, but this time I called in and completed the survey, so now I have a future free large soft drink to look forward to.

4.  I called and booked an appointment to get my eyes checked before the end of the year, so I can get it done before we have to start meeting deductibles in the new year again.

5.  I've tallied up the gas/lodging/food bills for the trip.  They came in at 2/3 of what I had budgeted and socked away in savings for it.  Granted there were some expenses that didn't get tallied like spending money, etc., but definitely not enough to break the budget.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  leftovers
Sunday:  Sunday dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  bagel and cream cheese
Tuesday:  *fried chicken
Wednesday:  late lunch, skipped dinner
Thursday:  goulash and garlic bread
Friday:  pork chops, mashed potatoes/gravy, broccoli

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

3 comments:

  1. Nice to know that making our concerns about a restaurant/store does some good. We've only done it once and were offered a free meal which we never took advantage of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only other time I had to complain, it was about a restaurant that was owned by a parent company that had lots of different ‘branded’ restaurants in their family. They sent us a gift certificate (by email with a rather flippant email message) that was eligible to use at any of the restaurants in the family. We did use it, but we used it at one of the other branded restaurants not the original one we complained about.

      This time the company only has the one ‘named’ restaurant chain, we will use this card at a location close to home. The one where we had the ‘incident’ was several hundred miles away. Over the years we have been to many, many locations in this chain, and I had never come across a situation like this at any of their locations before.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad the restaurant chain was responsive to your complaint - there's no excuse for poor service and I hope they take steps to fix it.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails