background

Friday, March 2, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 9...


Successes:
1.  Carey's paycheck and annual bonus has been deposited in the bank account.  The bonus will be promptly transferred to our interest bearing savings account to earn a little while it patiently awaits its turn to cover the property taxes at the end of the year.

2.  While it has been extremely humid recently, it was bearable (just) without turning on the AC to dry out the indoor air.  The temperatures have been pretty moderate, without need of heat or cooling, so I am anticipating a steep drop in our electric bill.

3.  I booked an afternoon of work for next week.  I usually don't accept partial days, but this is a local branch, so no commute (gasoline and other vehicle expenses) to eat into the profit.  I had to turn down several other days that they also inquired about due to having a full month of work booked coming up soon.

4.  I am in the process of going through my closet...mainly the work wardrobe side.  I need to make sure I have work clothes lined up and in good repair for the full-time month (see item 3 above).  Since my usual work schedule is only a few days in a row, I have really pared down my working wardrobe.  It may take some imagination, and being willing to repeat and mix-and-match the basic pieces, but I refuse to buy more items for just one month of need.

5.  Since Carey had errands out, one of which to the grocery to pick up some foodstuffs for his weekend hiking trip, I had him pick up some ground beef for tonight's meatloaf.  (I took twice-baked potatoes and corn out of the freezer for the side dishes.)  No need to use the gasoline in my car if he was bound there anyway.


Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  grazed the fridge
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey's
Monday:  Dublin Coddle
Tuesday:  French toast and fruit
Wednesday:  *burger out
Thursday:  Enchilada Casserole and Spanish Rice
Friday:  meatloaf, twice-baked potatoes, corn

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails